By now you know that I’m addicted to SoulPancake. Have you visited their website yet?
This is an activity that was posted on the website (don’t worry I am tackling my first book activity).
Maybe you should give it a try too?
Write three lines, from a song, a book, a poem, a billboard, a stranger or a friend, that have stuck with you and helped to guide your life.
1. “And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.” -Matthew 21:22
2. “Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength, then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it and it can never be used to hurt you.” -Tyrion Lannister, A Game of Thrones
3. “That’s not living! That’s just not dying.” Eep, The Croods
Here’s some others that just about round up my Top Ten!
4. “It’s okay to not be okay, as long as you aren’t giving up.”
5. “A mind is a terrible thing to waste.”
6. “Who the cap fit, let them wear it.”
7. “Valar Morghulis”
8. “Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.”
9. “One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.”
10. “Carpe Diem.”
And, the A Song of Ice and Fire series by George RR Martin is so perfect, even though it’s written about fictional characters in this fantasy world where dragons exist and people worship heart trees and the sort, a lot of the things the characters say make you think, well me at least. They’re so applicable to life.
Advice from the Realm:
1. “Fear cuts deeper than swords. The man who fears losing has already lost.”
2. “There is no creature on earth half so terrifying as a truly just man.”
3. “There is only one god and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: “Not today.”
4. “Death is so terribly final, while life is full of possibilities.”
5. “My brother has his sword, King Robert has his war-hammer and I have my mind…and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge.”
6. “You can’t hammer tin into iron, no matter how hard you beat it, but that doesn’t mean it’s useless.”
7. “If a man paints a target on his chest, he should expect that sooner or later someone will loose an arrow on him.”
8. “A very small man can cast a very large shadow.”
9. “There’s no shame in fear, my father told me, what matters is how we face it.”
10. “When you tear out a man’s tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you’re only telling the world that you fear what he might say.”
11. “A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.”
12. “Power resides where men believe it resides. No more and no less.”
13. “Syrio says that every hurt is a lesson, and every lesson makes you better”
14. “We look at mountains and call them eternal, and they seem… but in the course of time, mountains rise and fall, rivers change their courses, starts fall from the sky, and great cities sink beneath the sea. Even gods die, we think. Everything changes.”
15. “People often claim to hunger for truth, but seldom like the taste when it’s served up.”