Twitter gives me blogging ideas lately. Yesterday one of my faves randomly asked us a very interesting question:
What notable events happened on the day you were born?
The obvious answer is: ME! Except, it’s not that simple.
Until yesterday, I had never had any idea that any of the following happened on my grand entrance into planet earth:
- 58th Heisman Trophy Award: Gino Torretta, Miami-Fla (QB)
- 6.8-7.5 earthquake strikes Flores Island (tsunami kills 3,000)
- Japanese crown prince Naruhito announces engagement to Masaka Owada
- Julia Kurotchkina, 18, of Russia, crowned 42nd Miss World
- NY Giants lose 19-0 to Phoenix Cardinals
- Apparently, the Scottish Princess Royal remarried and became Mrs. Timothy Laurence on that day too.
The one that caught my attention is the second one because, it might explain why I love earthquakes so much.
Now, I pose the question to you: what notable events happened on the day that you were born? (i.e. same dd/mm/yyyy)